Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tokujo Jidai Koshirae Iaito

Hey!
    This is my first post in this forums, and Ive been learning a lot by reading them. So, now I have a question. Actually its more like asking for a review on this Iaito, if anyone ever tried it.

Tokujo Jidai Koshirae

Its pretty cheap (for a Iaito, at least), so of course I know its not the best Iaito I can get, but will it do the trick? Anyone ever tried it?
    Thanks!
    Tiago

Your first sword

It looks fine to me, and they say it could be shipped the next business day. This is important as many companies keep you waiting weeks for a new sword.

In fact I know of no other company that offer this?

Ask them for the blade weight, as you dont want anything to heavy to start off with (they say it has a thick blade)

Let us know how you get on.

HEIJO SHIN

Comment

Originally posted by tiago
      Hey!
      This is my first post in this forums, and Ive been learning a lot by reading them. So, now I have a question. Actually its more like asking for a review on this Iaito, if anyone ever tried it.

Tokujo Jidai Koshirae

Its pretty cheap (for a Iaito, at least), so of course I know its not the best Iaito I can get, but will it do the trick? Anyone ever tried it?
      Thanks!
      Tiago
      Hi, I'm new in this foro too, and olso interesting in the same sword, I haven't bought it, but I found a better price if you're interesting, this is the link bogubag.com, people also tell me that this site has very good reference, I also bought something in e-bogu whit out a any problem, but is the same sword cheaper than e-bogu, so as the guy said before let us know about it.

Comment

Someone, somewhere on this forum posted about the price of iaito sometime in the past, and I apologize for the vagueness of that statement, but I cannot find the post. They said that essentially 90% of the iaito perform the same, but the cost comes from the quality of construction and decorations. Thus, this iaito may be a great one to begin with, but I wouldn't be surprised if after time the tsuka-ito (handle wrapping) comes unwrapped or warped, the tsuba loosen, and/or other minor problems due to construction. If you are just beginning,I would say that this is a great sword for the price, although I have no personal experience with it.

Comment

do a search on my posts on iaito, you will find the reference to 'same blade, more expensive fittings' somewhere!
          This sword looks o.k., reminds me of one I bought for a student while in Japan about two/three years ago. It should do you for some time if you look after it. Be aware if the tsuka ito starts to fray or anything starts to rattle you need to do some maintenance real quick... your teacher should be able to help out on that though.
          I hope you are learning from a recognised teacher BTW and not inventing a new ryu...

Comment

I used to own a Tokujo Jidai koshirae. It's a good quality basic iaito. Blade tending towards heavy. Worth the cash IMO.

Comment

Working...
            X