X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moorhead Dojo / MWKF Iaido Seminar - July 2011

The Musoshindenryu Iaido - Moorhead Dojo in association with the MWKF / AUSKF will be hosting our first (hopefully annual) Iaido seminar.

The seminar will be held on July 29, 30, 31 at Concordia College in Moorhead, MN. I've started a website with the TENTATIVE details on it. https://sites.google.com/site/mwkfseminar/ Keep in mind that the rates and schedule may be subject to change.

We have asked for two high ranked sensei from the AUSKF to lead the seminar. With two, we would be able to host concurrent sessions for practitioners of all levels. The seminar will have a Friday evening practice session (at my dojo) including kendo keiko for those who practice kendo and also some iaido.

Saturday will be a full day of iaido, again with some optional kendo mixed in. Sunday is a half day of iaido.

Continental breakfasts and lunches for both days are included in the seminar registration fees.

Concordia College is offering lodging at LESS THAN $25 per night on campus. We'll need initial numbers for those interested in this.

All of this information and more can be seen on the abovementioned site, so please check it out. PRE-REGISTRATION IS STRONGLY ENCOURAGED so we can have an accurate number of participants who will need lodging and meals.

Mr. Igarashi of Nosyudo in Seki, Gifu Japan (not to be mistaken with Swordstore) has expressed interest in selling some iaito and other iaido related goods at the seminar. I'm thinking we will have him send maybe 4 or 5 iaito of various lengths, some sageo, obi, and maybe cleaning kits or oil. If anyone has any requests or would like to order an iaito ahead of time, please contact me directly and I'll set you up. I have the most current catalog of iaito and fittings, so we can build one to order if you like. I can speak from experience that the quality of Mr. Igarashi's iaito is excellent!

This seminar won't offer rank testing this year, but in future seminars that may be a possibility.

Watch this post and the website for more details.
    Brad

Good luck!

I visit Mr Igarashi's shop every year and he is the best host!

This year I'll be buying my new Iaito from him now I've bought my shinken!

Comment

looking forward to iadio for kenshi who have never done iai before

Comment

Seminar qualifications?

I apologize ahead of time if this seems like a dumb question...
        Im interested in this seminar, do you have to be a current iaidoka and dojo member to attend? (reason Im asking that is Im not, Iaido dry spot where Im at here) I practice Haidong Gumdo but I find Iaido very interesting

Comment

What part of Minnesota do you live?

Comment

Hi guys,

Please check the website for details. https://sites.google.com/site/mwkfseminar/You don't have to be affiliated with the Kendo Federation, but the fee structure is such that it is cheaper if you are. There will be two sessions - one for beginners, and one for advanced practitioners.

We're in Moorhead, MN - the West Central part of the state.

Comment

Just a quick update. We have confirmed that Kono sensei will be able to lead our seminar. We're still waiting to hear from the other additional sensei we requested.

We've also got two additional Canadian vendors coming - SDK supplies and ProSwords, so we should have a pretty good selection of iaito, steel iaito, custom bokuto, and gear!

We have 129 days and counting - and I encourage people who are planning to attend to please pre-register or at least PM me so that I can have some initial numbers for residense reservations and food planning.

I'll keep updating this thread as more information comes in, but please refer to the seminar site for complete information: http://seminar.musoshindenryu.com

Brad

Comment

We've started taking pre-registrations now, and would encourage anyone interested in attending this seminar to put in their application!
                Come to Moorhead in July!
                Brad

Comment

Just another quick update. We've gotten a confirmation that Pam Parker sensei (6dan Renshi) will be the second sensei teaching at our seminar. I saw her at the Iaido Summer camp, and am very much looking forward to her instruction!

Pre-registration pricing closes July 15, so please visit the site and register if you're planning to come! http://seminar.musoshindenryu.com

Brad

Comment

I am registered and am fully looking foward to this opportunity!

Comment

Originally posted by Nukitsuke View Post
                      Just another quick update. We've gotten a confirmation that Pam Parker sensei (6dan Renshi) will be the second sensei teaching at our seminar. I saw her at the Iaido Summer camp, and am very much looking forward to her instruction!

Pre-registration pricing closes July 15, so please visit the site and register if you're planning to come! http://seminar.musoshindenryu.com

Brad
                      Wow, Parker sensei's going to Schenectady, NY on 7/10, then Moorhead, MN on 7/15. busy busy.

Comment

Just to clarify Gordon, our seminar is 7/29-31, but I agree - busy, busy!

Comment

Thanks for the great times. Extra congratulations are in order for Brad for pulling it all off with only a minor hitch. Great to put some faces to avatars, and start iaido practice (or at least the dance steps) until I can get some more instruction

Matt (aka Jeff, aka Peter)

Comment

Yes, I would like to thank Brad for a very well done seminar. The instruction was top notch, and the venue was very nice. Brad and his students did a very good job at making sure everyone was taken care of, and organizing the event. All of the Sensei that were there, made their rounds, and everyone got some personal instruction.

Comment

I also want to say a big thank you for putting in the hard work hosting a great seminar. Made sure everyone at every level was taken care of

Comment

Working...
                              X