Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sueyoshi Akeshi

Hi guys,

I just quit Iaido in the club where we practiced Muso Jikiden Eishin - Ryu, but we were aranged for a seminar with Sueyoshi Akeshi.
    However, even if I'm not an officialy club member I'm still invited on "his" seminar (it will not be controlled by him but by his Portuguese student which is called Carlos theydidn'ttellmehissurname).
    So now my questions are:
    1.Is this seminar worth to be participatet in?
    2. Do anybody here know anything abot his style?
    3. Have anybody any personally experiences with Mr Akeshi as a person and teacher?

I saw that you have already discuss about him but there was no useful data for me ....

Thanks for your answers, Roza

Unfortuantely I had to miss out when he was local to me, so cannot say either way... I would go and see what he is like, as although he comes across as a bit of a lone wolf, there is nothing wrong with that if he is genuine about what he thinks is right and tries his best to teach you correctly. It would be interesting to hear what you think after the seminar.

Comment

HI Roza,

One of my ex-students went to the seminar Tim referred to.

he said that he was a nice enough guy and the training was pretty good. Although he felt it was all the superficial stuff and focussed on being as fast as possible.

Now I must point out that this student was only a 1st dan at the time which may put a certain perspective on things.

Sueyoshi Akeshi Sensei may have only shown him stuff relavant to his grade (ability).
      He may have only shown him certain things because he was from another style
      He may have only shown him certain things because there isnt time in a weekend to show the deeper elements
      etc etc

If you want to go, go.

But I am curious about two things;
      - why would an MJER dojo invite this chap when there are lots of high MJER grades in Japan and one 7dan renshi who regularly visits Russia
      - why are you an ex-member of this group?

regards

Lee

Comment

Sueyoshi Akeshi has his own style, it's gendai budo.
        As I know he is not part of an official koryu, but he was student of Kono Yoshinori, as he said, member of Nen Ryu.

Kono and Sueyoshi thinking was the same "they teach the true true and old old forms, that all the other ryu forgot"..but my question is... how they can know about what ryuha forgot or not about? >_>

And in Sueyoshi's case he mixed up his iai techings with his own style jo and yari teachings and shugendo practice.

He published many books in Spain..with his spanish student Alfredo Tucci.. but as far you beggin read you beggin laugh..or cry.
        These books and DVD are very bad..ok..depends you're looking for..but I think his own kata "gundari" explain all I mean.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8cvAsCURI8

These is a style..in the line of Kaze no Ryu, and other things.

Comment

Originally posted by Marcos View Post
          Sueyoshi Akeshi has his own style, it's gendai budo.
          As I know he is not part of an official koryu, but he was student of Kono Yoshinori, as he said, member of Nen Ryu.

Kono and Sueyoshi thinking was the same "they teach the true true and old old forms, that all the other ryu forgot"..but my question is... how they can know about what ryuha forgot or not about? >_>

And in Sueyoshi's case he mixed up his iai techings with his own style jo and yari teachings and shugendo practice.

He published many books in Spain..with his spanish student Alfredo Tucci.. but as far you beggin read you beggin laugh..or cry.
          These books and DVD are very bad..ok..depends you're looking for..but I think his own kata "gundari" explain all I mean.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8cvAsCURI8

These is a style..in the line of Kaze no Ryu, and other things.
          Pardon for resurrecting an old post but this just came to my attention. Just to clarify, this fellow, Mr. Sueyoshi, is not associated in any way with Nen ryu.

Thank you

Comment

Working...
          X