Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any further information about the overall attempt/pass ratios for each grade?

Comment

Way to go ... dan.

Comment

Congrats Scott!!!

Comment

Congratulations threads merged. He has a big enough head now as it is without two threads.

Was Steve Delaney that same grading or is that a different organization?

Comment

Two threads? This is getting weird.

Steve graded in Japan (Araki-ryu I think).

Comment

Originally posted by ScottUK View Post
              Two threads? This is getting weird.

Steve graded in Japan (Araki-ryu I think).
              Yeah, I wasn't sure exactly which one of the roughly 47 things he does he got the grade on.

Comment

If no video of 'the act' can he at least divulge the raison d'etre - or what it is - for the scary avatar? Was that the face he put on after yongdan, so the judges would make a note to pass him on the fantastic 5? Congratulations.

Comment

I might add: video or didn't happen Attachment
                  Attached Files

Comment

Menjo disagrees.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Gendzwill View Post
                      Yeah, I wasn't sure exactly which one of the roughly 47 things he does he got the grade on.
                      47 things I do? Where'd you get that from?

The two ryuha I do are sogo-bujutsu, so they have multiple disciplines such as iai, kenjutsu, sojutsu, jujutsu etc. For Araki-ryu, in addition to a paper-test, I had to demonstrate iai, kenjutsu, sojutsu and nagamaki (glaive)

Comment

Well, congratulations anyways. For those listening in, Steve passed rokudan. Don't you do some aikido, too?

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Gendzwill View Post
                          Well, congratulations anyways. For those listening in, Steve passed rokudan. Don't you do some aikido, too?
                          Nope, I don't do aikido. I did some as a teenager before moving to Japan, but haven't trained in any for almost two decades.

I just do koryu these days.

Comment

Scott's being suitably modest, so I'll say something about his embu. Scott is a big bloke, he makes me feel like a dwarf hobbit so I had a good idea there'd be some power in his performance, but it was beyond what I expected. The pitch and timbre of his tachikaze was noticeably different to those in his shinsa group-more of a roar than a whoosh! But what was really impressive was the ease with which he moved his large frame. He appeared to levitate from the suwette position (Inyoshintai was a good example) effortlessly and his movements were just smooth acceleration!

Now where's my 50 in used bills, Scott?

Comment

Inyoshintai? For an MJER student?

You switched to the dark side scottykins?

Erm. Anil...you are a dwarf hobbit. Even without Scott stood next to you. LOL

Comment

Tsukekomi. Thanks for the kind words, Anil. I'll cross you off my shitlist.

Comment

Working...
                                X