X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kokoro777 View Post
    It only says who was teaching, not what they teaching.

Perhaps this level of the detail isn't available until the Sensei arrive on the day and make a decision at that point.
    So; prior to a seminar you would prefer to see a session plan for each a.m. and p.m. group - detailing which teacher...... etc

Dream on!

The poster said 2 x Hachidan;..... is this not enough?
    The poster said Jock and Chris M........... what did you think they would be teaching?
    Assisted by FG and PW.............. how much more do you want?

AS Peter has stated - - if Hachidan are in Europe [outside of Japan] then SEITEI will be the main thrust.

Advertise your kidney on 'ebay'............ 2 x Hachidan are leading the BKA Summer Seminar.
    They may well be assisted by a few European Nanadan [MJER and MSR].
    Seitei WILL be taught.
    One day of Koryu will be ON OFFER.......... MSR/MJER. It will probably be possible for you to wimp out and stick with seitei...........

Comment

In all fairness, to someone with insufficient experience to understand the things that have been sayd here the opening line, with no qualification later could certainly be misleading

The European Jikiden-Group is proud to present a European IAIDO Masterclass with Morita Sensei and Oshita Sensei in the United Kingdom.

Oshita Sensei made clear he wanted this promoted as an iaido seminar, not a MJER seminar. This has been done, but I think with hindsight it was not clear.
      Not that I had anything to do with it... not my gig.

Comment

Originally posted by still learning View Post
        So; prior to a seminar you would prefer to see a session plan for each a.m. and p.m. group - detailing which teacher...... etc
        I don't recall writing anything like that, Bill and I'd never be so presumptuous. Perhaps you missed this in my pervious post?

The European Jikiden-Group is proud to present a European IAIDO Masterclass with Morita Sensei and Oshita Sensei in the United Kingdom.

We invite all Iaidoka regardless of style to this great opportunity to train hard under a number of high-grade sensei from Japan and Europe.

Teaching will be led by:
        Morita Tadahiko Sensei Iaido Hachidan Kyoshi (Teaching Seitei)
        Oshita Masakazu Sensei Iaido Hachidan Kyoshi (Teaching MJER Koryu)

Guest teachers assisting where required:
        Jock Hopson Sensei Nanadan Kyoshi
        Chris Mansfield Sensei Nanadan Renshi

Assisted by:
        Fay Goodman Sensei Iaido Nanadan Renshi
        Peter West Sensei Iaido Nanadan

Since I attended the Summer Seminar last year, I know what to expect, but other newbies might not. So, just in case they're reading this, last year, there was an advertised free-practise on the first morning Of Iai, which turned into what I assume was an impromptu, but may have been planned and not advertised, brilliant session of Seitei with Oshita Sensei and members of the BKA-I learned so much. Since this was impromptu, a few of my fellow dojo mates, travelled up on the day and arrived toward the end of this session and I know they were extremely disappointed to have missed it. Thus this year, I'll be arriving the day before, again.....just in case!

Anyway, this is getting tedious. I will attend such a seminar next time, finances willing.

Any MSR people attend and want to give their impressions?

Comment

Working...
        X