X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SwordStore 1001-4004

I've searched as thoroughly as I can in all forums, and not found an answer, so I'll risk posting my question.

If I've overlooked something from the past, please direct me there.

Does anyone have exposure to several swords from the SwordStore Iaito range? Specifically, I am interested to know if there is any perceivable difference in the blades between 2002 and 3003, as this seems to be where the choice of hamon comes into play.

Also, I've only found a few general comments about peoples good experiences with SwordStore products, specifically the Iaito, but not much of any great detail.

Would anyone be prepared to write a review of their sword?

Some questions I'm particularly interested in:

How sharp are the non-cutting blades of these Iaito?
    Where is the balance point?
    How do they compare to other Iaito from the range or from other manufactirers?
    How do they stand up over time with rattles, scratches etc?
    What problems have you had, and how were they handled by swordstore? (This by email if you feel appropriate - but from what I've heard I doubt it will be necessary.)
    Is the mounting of the tsuka equivalent to that of a nihonto? Can the mekugi be removed, and the tsuka taken off easily?
    If you knew then what you know now, would you still buy the sword you bought?
    If you had to replace it, would you replace it with another SwordStore Iaito?
    Anyone from the UK using these iaito? Any complications arising therefrom?
    And, just on the off-chance - anyone in the North West of England got one I could have a look at?

I'm particualrly interested in the higher end models (3003/4004), but any information would be great.

Thanks loads

swordstore blades are Nosyuiaido blades.

How sharp are the non-cutting blades of these Iaito?
    They are what I would describe as semi sharp.
    Where is the balance point?
    My friend Ian has a shinken from them and the balance is what I would call a neutral one, neither kissaki nor tsuka heavy. iaito are similar for the two I know of...
    How do they compare to other Iaito from the range or from other manufacturers?
    Good quality, fittings are the same as used on their basic shinken.
    How do they stand up over time with rattles, scratches etc?
    same as everyone elses, abuse it and you get what you deserve...
    Is the mounting of the tsuka equivalent to that of a nihonto? Can the mekugi be removed, and the tsuka taken off easily?
    mass produced tsuka, same as other manufacturers. again good quality, go for silk wrap though.wraps seem to last ok, at least on the ones I've seen.
    Anyone from the UK using these iaito? Any complications arising therefrom?
    a few people have them, think they originated from the nosyu iaido stall when they came over last year and also possibly nine circles.
    And, just on the off-chance - anyone in the North West of England got one I could have a look at?[/I]
    unlikely! only club in that area I know of is the one near Cockermouth, and I think Simon has a Tozando blade...maybe one of his students has one though! If you can get across to Darlington/ Middlesboro I can borrow the shinken for you to look at.

Comment

Thanks Chidokan.

Comment

"Also, I've only found a few general comments about peoples good experiences with SwordStore products, specifically the Iaito, but not much of any great detail."

Ive only heard and read good things about Swordstore , Theres some threads about tsuka , tsuba , blade , saya and other stuff that ppl says are great with SS swords

Comment

Sword Store Iaito

I have been using a 2002 Iaito from the Sword Store for around three years now. NO problems what so ever. I am very pleased with the quality and how it is holding up to use at least twice usually three times a week. I would recommend you email or call Rick Pollard directly and he would be very helpful in answering your questions. I don't think you could go wrong with one of their iaito. Jerry Wellbrock

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback guys.

I did mail Rick at swordstore with these same questions (well, most of them), and he gave very accurate answers very promptly.

That, along with the feedback I've had here and at swordforum.com has prompted me to place an order, about two minutes ago. So I'm dead excited.

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
            X