Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nationals results

Hi all
    Sorry i didn't make it down to the nationals on the weekend?

What was the results?
    And did you all have a good time?

Personally I had a fab time. Was great to see everyone :-)

Are there any photos? I did see a big camera lurking...

Comment

It was absolutely fantastic really enjoyed it, especially the friday free practice picked up some really good pointers and come away with plenty to work on.

@Mental midget: I also spotted that camera and I was hoping to see a few pictures, I had mixed feelings. Although I was enjoying myself in taking part I really wanted to watch all the matches and see how people were doing. But I guess you can't have it both ways

Comment

You should try refereeing then you get to see all the matches in detail.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter West View Post
          You should try refereeing then you get to see all the matches in detail.
          I've only done that at Dojo level, its very difficult even at that stage so you have my upmost respect for doing that all day.

Comment

Refereeing is not so bad, but as Shimpan Shunin I was responsible for the management of the court, for rotating the referees, watching the matches, assessing the performance of the referees (both their decisions and their correct form), keeping the scores, assessing performances for fighting spirit award, and as we didn't really have enough people for 4 courts, to do some of the refereeing too.

It was fun.

Comment

Refereeing is not so bad, but as Shimpan Shunin I was responsible for the management of the court, for rotating the referees, watching the matches, assessing the performance of the referees (both their decisions and their correct form), keeping the scores, assessing performances for fighting spirit award, and as we didn't really have enough people for 4 courts, to do some of the refereeing too.

It was fun.
              You managed all this while I was confused over if I was in the red or white court

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewA View Post
                You managed all this while I was confused over if I was in the red or white court
                just go where you are told to. Makes life a lot easier!!

Comment

Originally posted by satsumaruma View Post
                  just go where you are told to. Makes life a lot easier!!
                  This is true, however sadly I was following instructions but there was an occasion where it was "you're in white.....no wait red.....no white.......no sorry red"

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewA View Post
                    This is true, however sadly I was following instructions but there was an occasion where it was "you're in white.....no wait red.....no white.......no sorry red"
                    I often get the same feeling when I need to decide which flag to lift. Especially when I'm thinking about a film I watched 6 weeks ago and wishing I was in the Bahamas and... er... oh, shit, they finished er...um..er...

Comment

I often get the same feeling when I need to decide which flag to lift. Especially when I'm thinking about a film I watched 6 weeks ago and wishing I was in the Bahamas and... er... oh, shit, they finished er...um..er...
                      So thats how I got so far

Comment

I had a brilliant time, learned a lot in the pre-event training (Peter sorted out the ukenagashi feeling on my turns).
                        Also got to have matches against some really strong people on both days so i'm happy

No idea where the results would be posted I'm afriad, I checked the BKA site but it stops at 2005 :S

Comment

Originally posted by Relentless View Post
                          I had a brilliant time, learned a lot in the pre-event training (Peter sorted out the ukenagashi feeling on my turns).
                          Also got to have matches against some really strong people on both days so i'm happy

No idea where the results would be posted I'm afriad, I checked the BKA site but it stops at 2005 :S
                          No one has asked me to upload anything yet but if someone does I'll put them up within the hour

I am just hoping that more photos show up.

Comment

erm...i think relentless may have been answering the original question there ...

Comment

Andrew please put some pics up :-)

Comment

Working...
                              X