Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

July 2010 ZNKR Iaido Committee Study Notes

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • July 2010 ZNKR Iaido Committee Study Notes

    Two documents have been posted here http://www.idaho-kendo.com/iaido/ for download. These are the seite iai details to support practice and performance from the AJKF.

    One is English/Japanese 2010 ZNKR Iaido Study Committee Notes, the other is English only.

  • #2
    Originally posted by R Stroud View Post
    Two documents have been posted here http://www.idaho-kendo.com/iaido/ for download. These are the seite iai details to support practice and performance from the AJKF.

    One is English/Japanese 2010 ZNKR Iaido Study Committee Notes, the other is English only.
    Mr Stroud;
    The title says these docs are from July 2010; as they have just appeared [July 2012].........
    are they from 2010 - - - or was this a 'typo' on someones part?
    Bill

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by still learning View Post
      Mr Stroud;
      The title says these docs are from July 2010; as they have just appeared [July 2012].........
      are they from 2010 - - - or was this a 'typo' on someones part?
      Bill
      Howdy. The document is indeed from 2010 (Heisei 12). I only just recently got a copy of the full document and was able to translate (in my limited way). It has been in use since the July 2010 event and often referred to by various sensei. The copy I worked from was given out to everyone at the recent 2012 AUSKF iaido seminar in Seattle.

      Comment


      • #4
        In that case thy are notes from the same ZNKR seminar as those given to us by Oshita Sensei and translated by Andy Watson after the Okehampton Seminar in November 2010.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by R Stroud View Post
          The document is indeed from 2010 (Heisei 12). .
          Thanks for the clarification.

          My wife tells me that I am 'anal and pedantic' at times............ I tell her that I prefer the term 'accurate'..........

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by still learning View Post
            My wife tells me that I am 'anal and...
            ...I prefer the term 'accurate'..........
            As in accurate sex???

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Peter West View Post
              As in accurate sex???
              In a darkened room - -with my eyes closed [or not looking at target] I have never failed......... at nooky oochy.

              Comment


              • #8
                AAAAGH!!! Too much information, really, far too much.

                Comment


                • #9
                  serves you right for leading him on!!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Mr. Stroud, thanks a lot for sharing.
                    There are some very very fine points in there to take into consideration. Very appreciated.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Yes, thanks for posting this but may I ask if all these points are still valid? 2010 was some time ago, after all.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Kokoro777 View Post
                        Yes, thanks for posting this but may I ask if all these points are still valid? 2010 was some time ago, after all.
                        The ZNKR doesn't roll out with official adjustments all that often, but regardless these points are still being taught over here. Indeed talking with some locals recently, these points still haven't really reached some areas yet.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Rennis View Post
                          The ZNKR doesn't roll out with official adjustments all that often, but regardless these points are still being taught over here. Indeed talking with some locals recently, these points still haven't really reached some areas yet.
                          Are there not AJKF seminars that practitioners attend from time to time to keep up to date? This is one of the good things about the BKA and it means in the UK, we can be confident that we're getting the latest updates by attending them.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            The 2010 notes are still good. Nothing significant in 2011

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Kokoro777 View Post
                              Are there not AJKF seminars that practitioners attend from time to time to keep up to date? This is one of the good things about the BKA and it means in the UK, we can be confident that we're getting the latest updates by attending them.
                              There are such events for higher ranking members and such (my own teacher attends them regularly), but attendance is purely voluntary, mostly aimed at those in teaching positions and almost always involved large amounts of travel which means many can't be bothered. I would go out on a limb and say that in my experience, a large percentage of the higher ranking types over here, especially, but not limited to, the more rural prefectures, do not bother attending them regularly or keeping up to date. This is an issue which often gets discussed at these seminars as the teachers are aware that quite often what they teach here as the "most current and correct" will get contradicted by the attendees' teachers right away when they go back to their home dojo. For example, I know of one teacher, now deceased, who was taught the seitei directly by one of the members of the committee that first created it while it was being created and he was dead set against getting or having his students get "updates". His thinking in this matter was one of "I was taught directly by one of the creators of these kata and taught the reasons and rationale behind the committee's thinking directly from him. Who the hell are you to claim that you know better what their intentions were on the seitei-gata and start changing things?" As far as he was concerned, all tinkering not done by the original guys was simply a mistake and he would have no part of it.

                              Anyways, these notes have made the rounds in circles who keep up to date, but plenty of people over here still have no clue about them. Just last weekend I had a guy from another group come share our space with us to train a bit and these very same notes came up in the discussion and it was his first time ever seeing or hearing about them.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X