X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summer School- Stevenage 2012

I'm really looking forward to the weekend and it looks like it'll be a cooler one than the last where many of us found our body parts melting.

As usual, no details have been circulated, so does anyone know the address of the venue (including the postcode) and what time we are supposed to meet on Sunday morning? Does anyone know which Japanese Sensei will be teaching? I hope the usual BKA instructors will be there too.

Why post a question here when the answers are on the BKA website (which is probably where you booked and paid to attend the seminar in the firstplace)? More effort (not postings on Kendo-World) will produce more results and fewer questions

Comment

http://kendo.org.uk/wp-content/uploa...tructions1.pdf

It's been on the BKA web site for months

Comment

That one day the BKA website was down was obviously too much to handle!!

Look forward to seeing you all there :-)

Comment

I may be stupid as well but I have looked on the BKA website and printed the joining instructions when I booked and I can't find the times posted on the schedule or anywhere else on the BKA website. I searched elsewhere for the leisure centre postcode.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuie View Post
            Why post a question here when the answers are on the BKA website (which is probably where you booked and paid to attend the seminar in the firstplace)? More effort (not postings on Kendo-World) will produce more results and fewer questions
            Thank you so much for your kind, helpful words, Stuie. Budo has clearly left its mark upon you.

Thanks for the helpful link, Peter. What time does training start?

Comment

Originally posted by Kokoro777 View Post
              Thank you so much for your kind, helpful words, Stuie. Budo has clearly left its mark upon you.

Thanks for the helpful link, Peter. What time does training start?
              I refer my honourable friend to the document recently provided, page 3, 1st paragraph.
              (Much as I like to be helpful, you do actually have to READ it to absorb the information. Sorry if it's an inconvenience)

9am

Comment

Thanks again. I'm a bit of a skim-reader so didn't expect to find the training times in the venue section. I'll know next time.

Comment

Well,

I had a jolly super time at the sum-sem.

Anyone else have a wheezer spiffing shindiggeree-doo?

Comment

Originally posted by satsumaruma View Post
                    Well,

I had a jolly super time at the sum-sem.

Anyone else have a wheezer spiffing shindiggeree-doo?
                    Absolutely top-hole time, old bean.

Especially Saturday - - when 3 VERY lucky folks had Morita S and Oshita S for 6 hours......... in a pretty private little space......... much training was achieved.
                    Having said that;- I have not heard ''No! Not like this'' said so frequently, to so few, in such a short time [ well, not since I was in Japan].

Great to see many old friends - good to make some new acquaintances.

Comment

if they didnt correct you , you would have no reason to go, now would you...(other than for beer afterwards..) I sometimes think we all like being shouted at....

Comment

I had a very enjoyable time indeed. The seminar was excellent but there was a group of Iaidoka staying in my hotel who were drunken, loud, vulgar worst of all.....Jikiden. But they didn't hesitate to buy me drinks and their stories had me both crying and cringing with laughter. I can't wait until the next seminar.

Comment

Yes... we do our best. Budgie-kan's finest!!

But despite the evening debauchery (please see facebook pics of Seishinkan ladies!!) it was a great seminar for training.

I had Oshita Sensei and Chris M Sensei on the Sunday doing Seitei. Oshita Sensei and Peter Sensei on the Monday morning doing Koryu Taikai practice.

And then Morita S, Fay S and Peter S on Tuesday morning doing Omori Ryu and Eishin Ryu. Superb.

Should I embarrass a certain nanadan renshi by extolling his three hayanuki demonstrations?? lol

Comment

Originally posted by satsumaruma View Post
                            Should I embarrass a certain nanadan renshi by extolling his three hayanuki demonstrations?? lol

Ohh yes, especially the Katate version, and Morita S kept saying "Faster".

Comment

Working...
                            X