X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slight gap between seppa and fuchi

I have noticed even even after putting a piece of cardboard between the seppa and the fuchi that there is still a slight gap. The gap is only wide enough to slip a piece of paper through, so much less than a millimeter. Will this affect the tsuka in any way? Is this bad for the sword? Or should i leave it alone?
    Regards,
    Jeremy Hagop

Safety first.

Originally posted by jezah81
    I have noticed even even after putting a piece of cardboard between the seppa and the fuchi that there is still a slight gap. The gap is only wide enough to slip a piece of paper through, so much less than a millimeter. Will this affect the tsuka in any way? Is this bad for the sword? Or should i leave it alone?
    Regards,
    Jeremy Hagop
    First, have your instructor look at it.

If you need a piece of cardboard in the first place, then you might need a second seppa instead.

If this has happened over time, then carefully check the Tsuka and the Mekugi. The opening of the gap may be the symptom of one or more problems that need attention.

If these issues are beyond your instructor's knowledge, then ask for a recommendation on who to have inspect your sword.

Gambatte.

Comment

Working...
    X