X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demonstration Katanas

I need a link to find non-expensive ($100 or less) katanas for practice and demonstration purposes. can anyone help me out??

Originally posted by CUDALAX21
    I need a link to find non-expensive ($100 or less) katanas for practice and demonstration purposes. can anyone help me out??
    Hi,

Can you please elaborate on what you'll be using these swords for? Will you actually be using these for iaido practice at a reputable dojo?

Comment

No way you are going to buy something safe to use in public for that type of money, not even the Paul Chen blades are that cheap!
      As the above post says, do you know what you are doing with a blade, as you have kendo down in your profile I am guessing it is for kendo kata, in which case you will definitely have NO CHANCE in that price range!

Comment

Originally posted by chidokan
        No way you are going to buy something safe to use in public for that type of money, not even the Paul Chen blades are that cheap!
        As the above post says, do you know what you are doing with a blade, as you have kendo down in your profile I am guessing it is for kendo kata, in which case you will definitely have NO CHANCE in that price range!
        Tim is absolutely correct here.

No matter what you are doing, be it Kendo Kata, Kenjutsu, Iai, or Batto, anything that cheap has no business being used in public (period). No exceptions.

You might get a pair of decent Bokuto for that price.

Comment

thank you by the way i forgot to add Iaido to my Profile so thank you for the reminder. and yes the blade will be used for practice with Iaido so that's the blade i am looking for

ok foget the price range any link will do. Thank you again

Comment

thank you by the way i forgot to add Iaido to my Profile so thank you for the reminder. and yes the blade will be used for practice with Iaido so that's the blade i am looking for

ok foget the price range any link will do. Thank you again
            Hi,

As Mr. Sonsnowski and Mr. Hamilton pointed out, you will not find any safe or high-quality iaito (unsharpened sword) for less than $100. You can start at www.e-bogu.com where they sell iaito starting at $125 or www.tozando.com or www.nosyuiaido.com. There are plenty of other posts in this forum you can do a search on regarding online iaito dealers.

As you have just started practicing iaido, don't even think about purchasing a shinken (sharp blade), unless you can afford one (>$1200) and can bear to let it sit around until your sensei tells you can use it.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Ralutin
              Hi,

As Mr. Sonsnowski and Mr. Hamilton pointed out, you will not find any safe or high-quality iaito (unsharpened sword) for less than $100. You can start at www.e-bogu.com where they sell iaito starting at $125 or www.tozando.com or www.nosyuiaido.com. There are plenty of other posts in this forum you can do a search on regarding online iaito dealers.

As you have just started practicing iaido, don't even think about purchasing a shinken (sharp blade), unless you can afford one (>$1200) and can bear to let it sit around until your sensei tells you can use it.

Good luck!
              Thank you very much for the luck and the links i appreciate it. I was really looking for the iaito i just forogt the word thank you again!

Comment

Dident see any recomendations for swordstore , so here it is

www.swordstore.com

Comment

www.swordstore.com was mentioned. It was given as www.nosyuiaido.com which is the same site as www.swordstore.com

Comment

your teacher may have a preference for the STYLE of blade you use, irrespective of length. Dont just go out and pick the first thing you see, ask him what he thinks. Different curvatures, type and length of tsuka depending on your height and build, even size of tsuba may be influenced, never mind the balance element, all play a part in choosing the right one for you.

Comment

Originally posted by chidokan
                      your teacher may have a preference for the STYLE of blade you use, irrespective of length. Dont just go out and pick the first thing you see, ask him what he thinks. Different curvatures, type and length of tsuka depending on your height and build, even size of tsuba may be influenced, never mind the balance element, all play a part in choosing the right one for you.
                      OK i will do that thank you

Comment

Talk to Sensei if you want a iaito he can get a great deal on them compared to us

Comment

Originally posted by Bleda
                          Talk to Sensei if you want a iaito he can get a great deal on them compared to us
                          lol the royalties of being a well known sensai right?

Comment

lol the royalties of being a well known sensai right?
                            There has to be some benefit to it ya know =) Also since he orders so much and is associated with the komei jyuku people he gets it for club rates instead of normal individual prices.

Comment

Working...
                            X