X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iaiado on CBC Newsworld

I'm sitting here on my couch and I just happened to get into the middle of a segment on "Culture Shock" on CBC Newsworld.

Nifty way to get some coverage

etherknot,
    what was the segment about?

c

Comment

Originally posted by Confound
      etherknot,
      what was the segment about?

c
      Well I only caught the end of the segment. I am not sure which sensi was on. It was generally about what Iai was and how it came to Canada and who in Canada practices. Pretty nifty to see it on TV cause it's not an often seen thing on TV.

Wouldn't it be cool if like TSN started to cover kendo tournaments too? Maybe run a show about the basics of Kendo shiai before it...

Comment

"Culture Shock"

The following message was posted to the Kendo-Canada e-Group on Friday, 22 Nov 2002:

Below are the details regarding the CBC "Culture Shock" program featuring a segment on Iaido. I have no idea what is in the segment although the interviews and filming all took place at the Japanese Canadian Culture Centre the weekend of the Iaido seminar and tournament. My understanding is that the segment is about 4 1/2 minutes long. Please pass on the information to your students if they are interested.

Regards, Sandra

==========
        Apologies for the delay, but the piece will be broadcast on Culture Shock at the following times, on CBC Newsworld:

Tuesday, Nov. 26, 7:30 PM (first run in English)

Repeats:
        Wednesday, Nov. 27, 5:30 AM
        Saturday, Nov, 29, 4:30 AM, 8:30 AM, 4:30 PM
        Monday, Dec. 2, 3:30 AM

CBC Newsworld is on channel 26 if you have Rogers Cable in Toronto.

All times are Eastern Standard Time, so if, for instance, you wanted to tell someone in BC to watch, all times would be 3 hours earlier - i.e. 4:30 PM on Tuesday.

The French version is broadcast on RDI (Reseau d'information), which is channel 73 in Toronto (Rogers).

Saturday, Nov. 23, 6:30 PM (first run)
        Sunday, Nov. 24, 3:00 AM
        Monday, Nov. 25, 4:30 AM

I would really appreciate it if you could communicate these times to as many of the iaidoka who were at the seminar and tournament as possible.

Thanks again for all your help,
        Karen Kawawada
        Video Journalist
        Culture Shock
        416-461-8580
        FYI, Sandra is Ms. Sandra Jorgenson (4-dan Iaido), one of the two instructors at the JCCC Iaido Club in Toronto; the senior Iaido instructor at JCCC is Mr. Goyo Ohmi, (7-dan Iaido, 6-dan Kendo). The above-mentioned seminar took place on Saturday, 21 Sept 2002, and the tournament on Sunday, 22 Sept 2002, at the JCCC in Toronto.

HTH.

Comment

Working...
        X