Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

A quick demo of Kiri kake (Fukuoka style)

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A quick demo of Kiri kake (Fukuoka style)

The first seconds of the below clip show the chudan kata kiri kake. The demo is made by Fukuoka Jodo practitioners by the look of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FSLMPctP0s

Tis one of my favorite kata.

Shame about the soundtrack.

Fred, I am guessing that you are right about the Fukuoka style given the release of the sword at the end of the kata. The rest of it looks exactly the same as the Tokyo style, I guess this one doesn't have many stylistic differences.

Comment

Needs more Chashu.

Comment

Bless you!

Originally posted by Kenzan View Post
        Needs more Chashu.
        Don't you just hate it when you sneeze while typing?

Comment

Originally posted by Andy_Watson View Post
          Shame about the soundtrack.

Fred, I am guessing that you are right about the Fukuoka style given the release of the sword at the end of the kata. The rest of it looks exactly the same as the Tokyo style, I guess this one doesn't have many stylistic differences.
          Not exactly like Tokyo. Don't forget the beginning: shidachi escapes before the sword hits like Otofuji Sensei used to teach, instead of meeting the sword like Shimizu Sensei favoured.
          Last edited by Fred27; 9th December 2008, 04:25 AM.

Comment

T & f

Ah yes and I can see the jo sits more to the side rather than above the head in the final posture. Aside from that they are surprisingly close....

There was a brilliant embu of SMR Jodo at the Europeans last week between Tominaga Sensei (8dh) and Yano Sensei (8dk), I hope someone filmed it and will post it as the Ichirei ending was....phenomenal!

Comment

Did anyone manage to capture it on video? =D

Comment

Ah yes and I can see the jo sits more to the side rather than above the head in the final posture. Aside from that they are surprisingly close....

There was a brilliant embu of SMR Jodo at the Europeans last week between Tominaga Sensei (8dh) and Yano Sensei (8dk), I hope someone filmed it and will post it as the Ichirei ending was....phenomenal!
                If someone posts a vid of that event I'll french kiss him or her..(preferrably her)

Comment

Embu clip

I have it but I filmed it with my mobile phone, so the quality is not very good, I'm afraid.

But this brings me to another question. What is the "common" approach to putting embu clips on the net ? I know that there are lots of those on youtube, however I wonder what people, particularly the Sensei think about it. Do we need to have their permission ? Probably most of the clips that are on the net don't have anyone's permission, but still I think it's not very nice to put someone's video on the net, even if it's an embu, without asking for permission first.

Has anyone ever spoken to any Sensei about this issue ?

Cheers,

jm

Comment

Working...
                  X