X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nihon Kobudo Shinto Muso Ryu video embusha

I just finished watching for the nth time the Nikon Kobudo series video about Shinto Muso Ryu jodo, and while I got the names of the embusha, I can't make who's actually who. I know this info is around somewhere, but couldn't find it, so if someone in the know wants to share i'll appreciate it.

In particular, I always find the zanshin shown by the sensei in white keikogi that acts as, uchidachi? (sorry but I don't know the correct name for jodo) in the omote and okuden part... fear-inspiring, for lack of a better description (maybe because the camera angle favors him, don't know); I wouldn't be able to rise a hand in his presence, much less a sword or jo.

I think you are talking about the late Otofuji Sensei, menkyo kaiden SMR

Comment

The performers of Omote and Okuden are Namitome Shigenori and Otofuji Ichizo (the latter is wearing white as Aden says).

The Chudan performers are Kaminoda Tsunemori and Yoneno Kotaro, shidachi and uchidachi respectively.

Have you seen the Nihon Kobudo Ikkaku-ryu & Isshin-ryu video too? It features Yoneno Kotaro and Hiroi Tsunetsugu.
      Here is an example from the Ikkaku-ryu portion:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pu38C...eature=related
      And here from Isshin-ryu:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bE9t7...eature=related

Originally posted by Fukuryu View Post
      I just finished watching for the nth time the Nikon Kobudo series video about Shinto Muso Ryu jodo, and while I got the names of the embusha, I can't make who's actually who. I know this info is around somewhere, but couldn't find it, so if someone in the know wants to share i'll appreciate it.

In particular, I always find the zanshin shown by the sensei in white keikogi that acts as, uchidachi? (sorry but I don't know the correct name for jodo) in the omote and okuden part... fear-inspiring, for lack of a better description (maybe because the camera angle favors him, don't know); I wouldn't be able to rise a hand in his presence, much less a sword or jo.

Comment

Thank you very much to both of you, Aden and Fred. Much appreciated.

Fred, I also have the Isshin Ryu/Ikkaku Ryu video. I should have told that I already identified Yoneno sensei... but that was a late night post, and my brain was already shutting down.

Is there a video on the NK Series about the other subsumed arts? I don't recall seeing one in the indexes I consulted, but in 80 videos I may have overlooked a couple.

(Once I nail that elusive lottery down, the whole series is at the top of my buying list...)

Comment

Thank you very much to both of you, Aden and Fred. Much appreciated.

Fred, I also have the Isshin Ryu/Ikkaku Ryu video. I should have told that I already identified Yoneno sensei... but that was a late night post, and my brain was already shutting down.

Is there a video on the NK Series about the other subsumed arts? I don't recall seeing one in the indexes I consulted, but in 80 videos I may have overlooked a couple.

(Once I nail that elusive lottery down, the whole series is at the top of my buying list...)
          If there are more of the auxiliary arts in the NK series then I havent seen it .
          I wouldnt mind buying them though..To date I havent seen anything of Ittatsu-ryu, neither in person or on video. It's very rare in the IJF.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred27 View Post
            To date I havent seen anything of Ittatsu-ryu, neither in person or on video. It's very rare in the IJF.
            There's a short sequence in Pascal Krieger's biographic film "One or two things I know about Budo". I assume you have that film...

Comment

There's a short sequence in Pascal Krieger's biographic film "One or two things I know about Budo". I assume you have that film...
              No!? Dammit! I have a reputation to uphold! Where can I find that movie?

Comment

Originally posted by Fred27 View Post
                No!? Dammit! I have a reputation to uphold! Where can I find that movie?
                Budovideos use to have it... can't find it now.

ETA: By the way, I go the title wrong, the correct one is "Two or three things I know about Budo".

Comment

Jutte

Can't get over how calm Hiroi sensei looks when doing Jutte. His jump caught me by surprise, he is more nimble than he looks.

Comment

Working...
                  X