Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your greatest weakness in Jodo?

You are too big and slow....

Right you know when the Indo-australian plate collided with the Eurasian plate and it took like 70 million years to form the Himalayas, that's your Rai uchi that is.

Over to you Mr Watson.
    Last edited by Harry Jones; 24th May 2010, 07:03 PM. Reason: sp

Physicists among you will probably recall that the half-life of the Carbon-14 isotope is about 5,730 years. This means that for the mass to decay and reduce to less than 1% of its original state it would take between 38 and 39 THOUSAND years....and that's how long it takes for you to assume chudan kamae.

Comment

[/SIZE]The mass of the gas giant Saturn is 5.6846 1026kg, and it takes nearly 30 years to rotate around the sun. I find strong parallels between this and the time it take you to complete your final strike in Kasa no shita.

Comment

The amount of time it has taken AW & HJ to say what they mean..................

TOO SLOW!

Comment

While it appears that the solar system is moving quickly, it will in fact take 226 million years to completely circumnavigate the Milky Way galaxy. Watching this on a computer model and noting that the sun would essentially be moving 1.59 millionths of a degree per year is not dissimilar to observing you taking kaeshizuki kamae.

Comment

Consider that genetic biology is unable to make highly accurate calculations concerning the evolution of human beings. Still, carbon dating of skeletons and prehistoric tools suggest that humans started evolving some 2-3 million years ago and has taken some 150,000 generations of repititious procreation to reach the current state in human evolution.

This time is not a stone's throw away from how long it took you to learn otagai no rei.

Comment

Traditional theory has it that the modern whale evolved from Pakicetids (hoofed wolf like creatures) that roamed the planet about 50 million years ago. Their evolutionary path follows roughly the same time frame as you taking hasso no kamae.

Comment

Consider if you will, the sheer processing requirements of operating the world wide web. Imagine, if you could, trying to run that on a ZX81. Now consider multi-tasking that job with reading the Chinese telephone directory with one eye closed.

That's your embu that is.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy_Watson View Post
                  Consider that genetic biology is unable to make highly accurate calculations concerning the evolution of human beings. Still, carbon dating of skeletons and prehistoric tools suggest that humans started evolving some 2-3 million years ago and has taken some 150,000 generations of repititious procreation to reach the current state in human evolution.

This time is not a stone's throw away from how long it took you to learn otagai no rei.
                  150,000 repetitions of procreation, now there's a reason to take up Jodo...

Comment

Sounds to me like you are all rushing, slow down and do it precisely.

Kim.

Comment

Originally posted by Kim Taylor View Post
                      Sounds to me like you are all rushing, slow down and do it precisely.

Kim.
                      I'm confused. Taylor sensei are you talking about jodo or repetitions of procreation? In any event, good advice. :-)

Comment

YES!

Kim.

Comment

My main personal weakness is that I'm still unable to properly relax (physically and mentally) during techniques. There is of course a level of relaxation, but once things pick up speed I tense up. When I perform kata with my sensei, for instance, I'm stiffer than a plank. :P

Comment

Fred

Consider if you will the fateful and true tale of Joe Simpson who when climbing with his friend Simon Yates, fell and broke his tibia. Calamity after calamity they suffered until eventually, during a mishap with an abseil fall, Yates was forced to cut the belay rope for Simpson to fall 100ft into a crevasse. While Yates thought his friend had died, Simpson actually survived and spent the next three agonizing days, hopping and crawling the five miles back to basecamp. When he arrived he fell and remained in the camp's cesspit until he was discovered.

And that, my friend, is merely doing Jodo with you for five minutes that is.

Comment

Kim;
                              To which do you refer?
                              Option 'A'?
                              Option 'B'?

Originally posted by Andy_Watson View Post
                              A] spent the next three agonizing days, hopping and crawling the five miles back to basecamp.

B]....in the camp's cesspit ..........

Comment

Working...
                              X