Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• manriki chains

Hello all ;
    Herb here i have a great book it's Spike and Chain -wrote by charles Grazanski you should check this out- a great story about the weapon and also check out son's web page Robert grazanski-he has great footage of very old taikai's from 50's and 60's and lots of stuff on jodo .
    See you guys and gals later .
    Herb

Man-chains?

I don't think I like the sound of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenzan View Post
      Man-chains?

I don't think I like the sound of that.

You're married. You know all about the man-chains.

Comment

Originally posted by Kapplow View Post
        You're married. You know all about the man-chains.
        Ba$tard!

+rep and all that jazz.

Comment

Sorry to be pedantic, but it's "Gruzanski", and not "Grazanski". His son went to Japan a number of years ago to visit his father's Masaki-ryu teacher, Nawa Yumio, who is now an octagenarian.

Comment

Originally posted by Saitama Steve View Post
            who is now an octagenarian.
            Sorry to be pedantic, but isn't it octogenarian?

Comment

Herb,

Why don't you actually train in a dojo and not just buy books/DVDs to learn from?

Any reason why you didn't answer my last question on page 2 of this thread?

Comment

Originally posted by Kenzan View Post
                Sorry to be pedantic, but isn't it octogenarian?
                I could say the 'a' is near the 'o' on my keyboard, but I'd be lying. Kakari geiko!

Either way, Masaki-ryu is a koryu that teaches several weapons disciplines, including Manrikigusari, kusarigama, juttejutsu, hojojutsu, shurikenjutsu and if I remember correctly, some form of kenjutsu training too.

Comment

Steve

Hey man check out Roberts web page very nicely done to say the least and he has some very nice stuff and even very rare books state side and his father also spent some time with Dreager as well -check it out-i think Jodo stuff he has is cool.-historical wise about jodo.
                  Last edited by herb mowery; 21st July 2007, 07:36 AM. Reason: spelling !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ScottUK View Post
                    Herb,

Why don't you actually train in a dojo and not just buy books/DVDs to learn from?

Any reason why you didn't answer my last question on page 2 of this thread?
                    Scott;
                    Hey i have answered you r question on page two and have also sent you a pm man thanks for every thing .'
                    Herb

Comment

Yep, received...

Comment

Working...
                      X