Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TSKSR Vid's

Hi everyone,

I haven't posted on this board for a long time, its been a busy year on the training side.

I also wanted to share some vids that where posted from our dojo this week I know some of you might be interested by them.

enjoy.

PS.: these are promotion videos. we have done a couple in the past with good results in new members.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwR1JeIeJEo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fUVFPENRIw

Thanks for the videos. I like the music, but it would have been nice to hear the kiai.

Comment

nice vids guys, thanks

Comment

for the uninitiated...like me...what is kobudo? Looks interesting...is it primarily kata with bokken? it's certainly very fast

Comment

Of course I could totally be missing the meaning here...is aikibudo a mix of aikido and swordplay or is it the sword aspect of aikido? Yeah sorry for the 2 successive posts...I hit the forum menu button before i checked what I wrote.

Comment

Originally posted by foundinsea View Post
            for the uninitiated...like me...what is kobudo? Looks interesting...is it primarily kata with bokken? it's certainly very fast
            Kobudo can refer to Okinawan weapon systems, but in this context it's more likely to refer to old fighting styles in Japan which have been passed along since well before Meiji times. In general, you study multiple weapons, there are no competitions of any sort, and there usually aren't any kyu/dan ranks. All those things are true of Tenshinsho Den Katori Shinto-ryu, the topic of the thread.

-B

Comment

Kobudo means "old budo" and, as babayaga noted, is used in Japan to commonly refer to martial schools (kenjutsu, jujutsu, etc.) that were created before the abolition of the samurai class. It's also sometimes referred to as "koryu". There are kobudo schools of iaijutsu/iaido, kenjutsu, naginata, jo, spear, and others. For the non-iai schools, practice is primarily paired kata with bokken (or similar wooden weapons) or with fukuro-shinai, an early precursor to the kendo shinai.

www.koryu.com is a good website to learn the essentials of what kobudo/koryu are. A youtube search of the schools listed on koryu.com will provide lots of visual examples.

As near as I can tell from Nichiren's site (though I don't know much French) what he calls "aikibudo" is a composite martial art formed by his dojo from Katori Shinto-ryu, Daito-ryu Aikijutsu, and the version of Shinto-ryu taught at the Yoseikan.

Comment

Aikibudo is as Josh said a mix of Aikijujitsu, Aikido and Daito-ryu. as for Kobudo all are training with weapons are from Tenshin shoden katori shinto ryu, Originaly under Sugino Sensei but now under Hatakeyama Sensei.

Thanks for all the comments I'm happy you enjoyed the video.

Comment

Working...
                X