• Show
Clear All

• ScottUK
    started a topic New Hyoho Niten Ichi-ryu Group in Belgium

New Hyoho Niten Ichi-ryu Group in Belgium

Dear All,

There is a new HNIR group in Leuven, Belgium:

http://www.kuro-shishi.be/

The dojo-cho, Mr Jari Pallari, received permission from Iwami-soke some time ago and the group has been running for a little while now, but the addition of a new website is a good opportunity as any to tell the world about them!

If you wish to visit or ask any questions, please email Jari here:

dojo@kuro-shishi.be

If you are looking for HNIR in other countries, you can find them here:

United Kingdom
    Worldwide

All the best,

Scott Halls
    Hyoho Niten Ichi-ryu UK
    Last edited by Neil Gendzwill; 15th May 2009, 03:03 AM. Reason: Edited at OP's request

• rottunpunk
    replied
    Hi Cedric, it is a bit far, but there is a good group in Groningen in the netherlands. I can PM you their details if you wish

Leave a comment:

• Cedric
    replied
    I understand, thank you for answering !

Leave a comment:

• ScottUK
    replied
    Unfortunately, the group is no longer active as the authorised teacher no longer lives in Belgium. There is no other authorised group at the moment.

Leave a comment:

• Cedric
    replied
    Hi,

I realize this post is a bit old, but who knows.

I am interested in this koryu (and I live in Belgium), but the website (kuro-shiki.be) and the e-mail address I found here are out of service.
    Does anywone know if this dojo still exists, and if not, if there is another one in Belgium ?

Leave a comment:

• ScottUK
    replied
    Beat ya, Hyaku!

Leave a comment:

• Hyaku
    replied
    Originally posted by Maro View Post
    Scott, which city is the Australian branch in? It doesn't say on the Website and it would be handy to know.

Cheers
    Brisbane area. Please contact them for further details.

Leave a comment:

• Maro
    replied
    You mean Brisvegas!

Cool. Not likely to get up there soon but would to attend a seminar one day. Also nice to "know" when the usual idjits claim their true-line Musashi style Grandmastership.

Leave a comment:

• ScottUK
    replied
    Naah you can walk across it in an hour or so, like Rome.

Brisbane!

Leave a comment:

• Maro
    replied
    Originally posted by ScottUK View Post
    Hiya Maro,

Greg Clarke is the only authorised teacher of HNIR in Oz, and he is in Queensland.
    Which City Scott? It's a rathe large State!

Leave a comment:

• Fred27
    replied
    Originally posted by Estel Duron View Post
    What then of Yoshimochi [Yoshimoti?] Kyoshi who was presented in History Channel as the 12th soke of HNIR? Is he legit?

That is one of the reasons I've stopped trusting documentaries as a source of reliable (martial arts) information.
    The Gosho-ha are dingbats grasping at straws in their bid for legitimacy. They've successfully convinced themselves that they are part of the main HNIR and that their word is as good as Iwami Soke.

Leave a comment:

• ScottUK
    replied
    Hiya Maro,

Greg Clarke is the only authorised teacher of HNIR in Oz, and he is in Queensland.

Leave a comment:

• Maro
    replied
    Scott, which city is the Australian branch in? It doesn't say on the Website and it would be handy to know.

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• ScottUK
    replied
    This gentleman succeeded Mr Kiyonaga (11th head of Gosho-ha) so I guess he is 12th head of this group.

The 11th soke of Hyoho Niten Ichi-ryu is Iwami Toshio Harukatsu, and as he is alive and very well, he won't be passing on his title anytime soon. The seito line of HNIR is here, and is recognised by the historians at the Nihon Kobudo Kyokai and Nihon Kobudo Shinkokai.

Here's a link to the NKK's HNIR page.
    Last edited by ScottUK; 8th December 2009, 11:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Estel Duron
    replied
    What then of Yoshimochi [Yoshimoti?] Kyoshi who was presented in History Channel as the 12th soke of HNIR? Is he legit?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X