X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KoryuWeb online

We are starting a website dedicated to koryu: http://koryuweb.wordpress.com/
    Basic and accurate presentation with picture.
    Help and valid information are most welcome.
    Visit us!

Nice looking site and a good concept. However the site's taxonomy might need refining, for instance, listing Tenshin Shoden Katori Shinto Ryu as being "kenjutsu" is perhaps a bit, um limiting.

Also, Tatsumi Ryu is "Hyoho" not "Heiho", same as NTIR.

Maybe you should have a drop-down menu for sogo bujutsu? Or maybe ryuha could be roughly sorted according to historical period. Just a thought. b
    Last edited by ben; 1st September 2010, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Thanks for your comments which are quite true but I just wanted to introduce each koryu through what might be the main weapon or activity. That is why I listed in each koryu page the weapons for each school. I might publish a sheet with century for each koryu (already on Wikipedia). No classification is best. I wanted something simple to introduce koryu which seems more a dream of the past than a nowaday reality. Give me time to think it out or help me do it. I think I will introduce something like sogo bujutsu for such school.

Comment

Congrats on the website.

One question/comment: Why have you included Uchida-ryu in tantojutsu? As I understand it, they practice tanJOjutsu. That is, it's primarily a school for fighting with a short jo or cane-length stick. They may include some tanto work, but if so, I doubt it is the focus and I have never seen it practiced.

Comment

TSKSR is listed under the "kenjutsu" sections of both the Nihon Kobudo Shinkokai and the Nihon Kobudo Kyokai, so I think you're okay there.

Comment

Thank you, it has been corrected!

Comment

I meant that Uchida-ryu has been corrected as Tanjojutsu.
              For TSKSR, I duplicated the presentation of the Nihon Kobudo Kyokai. I applied the Nihon Kobudo Kyokai presentation of the koryus so that we don't have an alphabetical order which has not great meaning with koryu names.

Comment

Originally posted by drosera99 View Post
                One question/comment: Why have you included Uchida-ryu in tantojutsu? As I understand it, they practice tanJOjutsu. That is, it's primarily a school for fighting with a short jo or cane-length stick. They may include some tanto work, but if so, I doubt it is the focus and I have never seen it practiced.
                drosera99,
                Could you do a short presentation of tanjojutsu, 5 lines minimum? And become a renowned contributor?

Comment

Under kenjutsu, Suio Ryu should read "Suio Ryu Iai Kenpo". Japanese site is here: http://www2.wbs.ne.jp/~nck/suiou/

Comment

Done. Thank you. See http://koryuweb.wordpress.com/kenjut...ryu-iai-kenpo/
                    I put also ryu list by dates and Nihon Kobudo Kyokai list.

Comment

Originally posted by NTT View Post
                      drosera99,
                      Could you do a short presentation of tanjojutsu, 5 lines minimum? And become a renowned contributor?
                      Thanks for the offer, but I'm afraid I am hardly qualified! Perhaps you could find a Shinto Muso-ryu member who could give you more information. If not, I'm sure you could find some reliable information on the internet quickly enough.

Comment

I have no time now as in France we are starting a new year and welcoming the new students. But when I come to a more quiet period, I will go on with the website building!
                        Thanks for spoting my mistakes.

Comment

Working...
                        X