X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nunchaku Ban

I think California government is so stupid. Why are Nunchaku illegal in Ca.?
    Guns are legal and I can blow 10 people away with one clip, but a pair of Nunchakus which I have to be like with in 2feet are illegal. Doesn't make sense.
    California must be just anti-weapon martial arts I guess. Very unculturally minded for such a liberal state.

Get Charlton Heston and Dubya on your side and they'll be legal before you can say 'repealed assault weapons ban'

Seriously though, what happened to your right to 'bear arms', anyway?

Comment

Waaat?

Dieez iiiz uhn-cohn-stietoo-tionahl!

Ahhnold vill inveztihgaaate diiz!

(I'm so sorry, I just couldn't resist...)

Comment

Originally posted by Hamish
        Seriously though, what happened to your right to 'bear arms', anyway?
        Well, they have the right to bear arms so they can revolt against their evil oppressive goverment.

But how the hell are you going to use a nunchaku to do that? You'll get shot before you even get close enough to use it.

So guns are useful against an evil goverment but nunchaku's are not. Therefor they banned it because it's probably only going to be used by a) street thugs and b) martial artists. And what politician cares about that last category anyways?

Comment

Originally posted by Berugijin
          Well, they have the right to bear arms so they can revolt against their evil oppressive goverment.

But how the hell are you going to use a nunchaku to do that? You'll get shot before you even get close enough to use it.

So guns are useful against an evil goverment but nunchaku's are not. Therefor they banned it because it's probably only going to be used by a) street thugs and b) martial artists. And what politician cares about that last category anyways?
          Hehe...I remember back in Perth when the police used to laugh at idiots who threatened them with chuks. The cops would just stand back and these guys would end up knocking themselves out.

Then they got better at using them...nunchuks are banned in Perth now.

Comment

Originally posted by KhawMengLee
            Hehe...I remember back in Perth when the police used to laugh at idiots who threatened them with chuks. The cops would just stand back and these guys would end up knocking themselves out.

Then they got better at using them...nunchuks are banned in Perth now.
            Haha that's hilarious! I hear from my older friends that in Taiwan's "bad old days" where gangs had open turfwars on the streets, there are some people who would actually show up with home-made naginatas.

Size matters, after all.

Comment

Originally posted by kanyil
              Haha that's hilarious! I hear from my older friends that in Taiwan's "bad old days" where gangs had open turfwars on the streets, there are some people who would actually show up with home-made naginatas.

Size matters, after all.
              Hahaha...one of my classmates in HS was from Taiwan. After we graduated I lost contact with him during our University years. Then I bumped into him when I was in Taipei on business...we chilled out, got drunk, went to a spa and lo and behold in the sauna every bloke in there sported nice stereotype gangster tatoos...I was thinking...what kind of farking place has he brought me to? Then he walked in and he pretty much blended in with the background(yup...tatoos as well).

Haha...it seemed during his Uni years he decided to become a gangster. Now he works for them as a lawyer

Comment

Originally posted by KhawMengLee
                Hahaha...one of my classmates in HS was from Taiwan. After we graduated I lost contact with him during our University years. Then I bumped into him when I was in Taipei on business...we chilled out, got drunk, went to a spa and lo and behold in the sauna every bloke in there sported nice stereotype gangster tatoos...I was thinking...what kind of farking place has he brought me to? Then he walked in and he pretty much blended in with the background(yup...tatoos as well).

Haha...it seemed during his Uni years he decided to become a gangster. Now he works for them as a lawyer
                Did he also bring you to a "piano bar"? Our piano bar waitresses wear the best uniform you will ever see.

I had a similar experience where a friend of mine brought me to a sauna and I sat in the jacuzzi between a guy who's sporting dragon tats, and this other guy who's got the God of War, Guan-Yu on his back. Luckily they all turned out to be fairly nice guys. The guy with Guan-Yu on his back actually went to the Academy of Arts in the US on a full scholarship (who would have guessed?!)

Comment

Did he also bring you to a "piano bar"? Our piano bar waitresses wear the best uniform you will ever see.
                  Gonna need proof here. I just a Google image search with no luck...

Comment

I had a similar experience where a friend of mine brought me to a sauna and I sat in the jacuzzi between a guy who's sporting dragon tats, and this other guy who's got the God of War, Guan-Yu on his back. Luckily they all turned out to be fairly nice guys. The guy with Guan-Yu on his back actually went to the Academy of Arts in the US on a full scholarship (who would have guessed?!)
                    Heh, Guan Yu/Kong is cool.

Hehe...we ended up in a mate's karaoke joint.

Comment

Working...
                    X