• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hyoho Niten Ichi Ryu in Europe with sohke

France, October 7th to 9th, 2005

Musashis sword
    2nd Hyoho Niten Ichi Ryu European Workshop with
    IWAMI Toshio sohke

This event is part of the official 2005 Year of Exchanges between the People of Japan and the European Union program.

The association "Lenfance de lArt" is pleased to announce an exceptional opportunity to study the art of the Japanese sword and double sword from one of the worlds leading experts IWAMI Toshio, headmaster of Hyoho Niten Ichi Ryu. After the success of last years workshop, and experiencing the quality of more than 70 martial arts practitioners from 8 countries in Europe, he agreed to hold the annual European workshop in France once again.

Scheduled for October 7th to 9th , 2005, this 2nd Hyoho Niten Ichi Ryu European Workshop will be conducted by IWAMI Toshio, 11th successor of MIYAMOTO Musashi, and his master assistants. Descendants of the Samurai widely recognized in Japan today, they represent a tradition which has been honoured and practiced for over 300 years. The masters desire to share their long-kept secrets with those who attend this workshop on the art and techniques of the Japanese sword.

The dojo is conveniently located 20mn by car from Paris, France, and Roissy Charles de Gaulle International Airport. It is also accessible from Paris by public transportation.

Maximum attendance for the workshop will be 100. We expect participants to have either a black belt level or 5 years experience. If you dont meet these requirements and wish to join, please contact me directly. Participants from all martial arts are welcome. Martial art experience is required to ensure correct attitude and personnal safety. A set of Niten bokken is compulsory; please contact me if you need to purchase one.

We thank practionners in Kendo, Jojutsu, Kenjutsu and Iaido for their attendance at the first workshop near Paris, France.

Date: October, 7th to 9th 2005
    rue Pierre Salvi
    95350 Saint-Brice-sous-Fort
    France
    Web: www.nitenryu.org

Will see you there (like last year)...

Comment

Which hotel are people planning to stay at (Brits and Finns)? I'm thinking of coming over and would like to hang with the crowd.

Ed

Comment

Probably at the same dump as last year. It was called Hotel Premiere Classe something-or-other.

It wasn't premiere class. In fact, I may sleep in the streets this year. It'll be less cramped.

On the plus side, it's close to the dojo (which is a fantastic place).

Notes:

Keep away from the local Chinese restaurant - they tried to kill me last year with a chicken bone.

Take a playstation - there's sod all to do other than kenjutsu. And complaining...

Comment

Ahh Hotel Premiere Classe. Clearly the French do have a sense of irony.

Would love to join you guys again, but sadly (haha) I will be in lovely Kagoshima.

Gambatte!

Comment

When ya off? We comin' up to have a social before you go?

Comment

We fly out on the 23rd.

I finished work at the end of June, so I'm open to suggestions!

This weekend is probably a bit last minute. I was thinking of inviting everyone from Kendo and Iai out to a meal in Leeds at Teppanyaki or something. Imagine a room full of Roshukai and BKA people.

I'll let you know anyway. I did notice that Leeds University sports center is empty at the moment, so maybe I could try and book it for a last keiko.

As you already know I'm not terribly well organised.

Comment

One week left?

I guess I'll see ya in Kagoshima then...

Enjoy...

Comment

Working...
                X