X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Koryu Kenjutsu dojo

Hello. Im new here. My name is Eric Kolmos. I would like to know if anyone could point me in the right direction to a Koryu Kenjutsu dojo in california, preferably in or near los angeles, but dosnt have to be. im willing to travel. I am pretty open to what ryu but would preferably like to take say Yagyu Shinkage Ryu or Niten Ichi Ryu, though i already know no Niten Ichi Ryu school are in the USA. Only in Canada and Japan I believe. I have dreamt of taking a Koryu kenjutsu ryu since I was 7, so its been about 11 years now. Since then I have done ALOT of studying on Japan, Samurai and many martial arts, mainly Kenjutsu. I am currently in Kendo. Please anyone help me. This is my dream. THankyou so much for any of your help and time. I hope to hear from anyone soon.

Sincerely,
    Eric Kolmos

Hi!

I know of three Koryu kenjutsu dojo so far in LA off-hand without checking. Kashima-shinryu, Ono-ha Itto Ryu and Suio Ryu. There is no Shinkage Ryu in LA that I am aware of and there is no Hyoho Niten Ichi Ryu(HNIR-full name of it.) anywhere either in LA.

There is one sensei, Sosnowski-sensei, back east who is allowed to run an HNIR(Hyoho Niten Ichi Ryu) study group, but last I heard, he was not taking anyone.

Please check your box for more details. I don't publically post Koryu.

Kaoru
    Last edited by Kaoru; 29th November 2005, 09:47 PM.

Comment

That was quick!

I can see that you are your regular self again? Because this was very quick even for you!

Comment

Suio Ryu Iai Kenpo

Originally posted by Kyousuke
        Hello. Im new here. My name is Eric Kolmos. I would like to know if anyone could point me in the right direction to a Koryu Kenjutsu dojo in california, preferably in or near los angeles, but dosnt have to be. im willing to travel. I am pretty open to what ryu but would preferably like to take say Yagyu Shinkage Ryu or Niten Ichi Ryu, though i already know no Niten Ichi Ryu school are in the USA. Only in Canada and Japan I believe. I have dreamt of taking a Koryu kenjutsu ryu since I was 7, so its been about 11 years now. Since then I have done ALOT of studying on Japan, Samurai and many martial arts, mainly Kenjutsu. I am currently in Kendo. Please anyone help me. This is my dream. THankyou so much for any of your help and time. I hope to hear from anyone soon.

Sincerely,
        Eric Kolmos
        The Suio Ryu Iai Kenpo USA Shibu is located in Anaheim, California, just south of Los Angeles.

Please visit our website for more information:

http://suioryu-usa.org/

Comment

Sincerely,
          Eric Kolmos
          Hi Eric,

Here is the website for Kashima-Shinryu at UCLA:

http://ksr.bol.ucla.edu/

Comment

Originally posted by Kaoru
            Hi!

I know of three Koryu kenjutsu dojo so far in LA off-hand without checking. Kashima-shinryu, Ono-ha Itto Ryu and Suio Ryu. There is no Shinkage Ryu in LA that I am aware of and there is no Hyoho Niten Ichi Ryu(HNIR-full name of it.) anywhere either in LA.

There is one sensei, Sosnowski-sensei, back east who is allowed to run an HNIR(Hyoho Niten Ichi Ryu) study group, but last I heard, he was not taking anyone.

Please check your box for more details. I don't publically post Koryu.

Kaoru
            I tried to send you a PM, but apparently your inbox is full.

Where exactly is this Ono-ha itto ryu dojo in L.A., who teaches it and where did you get this information? Please send me a PM.

Thanks.

Comment

Big Tony also teaches Mugai ryu as well as Toyama ryu in Costa Mesa.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralutin
                I tried to send you a PM, but apparently your inbox is full.

Where exactly is this Ono-ha itto ryu dojo in L.A., who teaches it and where did you get this information? Please send me a PM.

Thanks.
                I found it by accident on either Budoseek! or e-budo awhile back. Forget which.

I just copied and pasted into my list, but didn't yet look up the contact into. I was gonna do that this evening and find out more. I'll give it to you.

Sorry my box was full!

Thanks guys for posting those links. I was told some while back to that it was better to send Koryu info by PM instead, by a sempai. I didn't know for sure, if that included the Koryu websites. He never said...

Kaoru

Comment

Originally posted by pgsmith
                  Big Tony also teaches Mugai ryu as well as Toyama ryu in Costa Mesa.
                  Oh yeah... forgot about that!

Thanks.

Kaoru

Comment

Originally posted by Kaoru
                    I found it by accident on either Budoseek! or e-budo awhile back. Forget which.

I just copied and pasted into my list, but didn't yet look up the contact into. I was gonna do that this evening and find out more. I'll give it to you.

Sorry my box was full!

Thanks guys for posting those links. I was told some while back to that it was better to send Koryu info by PM instead, by a sempai. I didn't know for sure, if that included the Koryu websites. He never said...

Kaoru
                    Thanks, Kaoru. Please let me know what you find out.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralutin
                      Thanks, Kaoru. Please let me know what you find out.
                      Ok, and you're welcome.

Kaoru

Comment

Kaoru do you ever contact these dojos? How do you know if the quality of them is good and if they want you to give out informaiton about them to other people?

Comment

Id really like it if you could give me the name of any dojos you have in and around here. Like I said Im willing to travel. Thankyou so much for your help. Kenjutsu and Iaijutsu please, though Im mainly looking for Kenjutsu I am open to other possibilities in the case I can not join a certain school or perhaps I will join in the future in addition. Thankyou very much again. Your Box was full so I couldnt get to you.

Comment

Kaoru? I keep trying to send you a message but its always full.

Comment

Kaoru? I keep trying to send you a message but its always full.
                              Hi Eric,

Did you click on the Kashima-Shinryu and Suio ryu links in the previous posts? As far as I know, there is no Ono ha itto ryu dojo here in Southern California and Kaoru has yet to get back to me on where she got her information from.

Comment

Working...
                              X