X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tennen Rishin Ryu or Hokushin Itto Ryu

Hello again. This is Eric. I am here in Los Angeles. I wanted to know if there are any legitimate Tennen Rishin Ryu or Hokushin Itto Ryu Dojo within the US or in Canada, any area. I am willing to travel (fly). If there isnt, I may take up Niten Ichi Ryu in Toronto or Ontario, but I am also very interested in the latter as well. Thankyou very much for your time and help everyone. Sorry for babbling on about Kenjutsu/Koryu here at Kendo-World. Just this is the best place ive been for help on these subjects and your all so very nice. Well, I hope to hear from anyone soon. Thanks again.

PS. Im so happy, I am now allowed to use my Bogu. HURRAY!
    Been training everyday for about 2-3 hours the last 4 months.
    -Eric Kolmos

for hokushin itto ryu there is one in houston, texas and one in fresno, california. I would love to train there. good luck

Comment

Thanks but one question...

Thanks alot. I looked into it somewhat and it seems that at the dojo in Fresno, the Hokushinkan Chiba Dojo, they only practice Kendo, I saw nothing of Hokushin Itto Ryu. Do they practice both? Im very confused. Please could anyone further elaborate for me? THankyou so much.

-Eric Kolmos

Comment

From what I understand from reading their book, The Heart Of Kendo, they are hokushin dojos. Both senseis there trained directly under Harutane Chiba sensei. Meaning both the houston and fresno dojos are chiba dojos. If I were you I would email them directly to find the answers to your questions. Also the sensei of the houston dojo wrote a few books on iaido and kendo. I believe the iaidi one is called the art of iai by darrell max craig. But I do not recomend using that book to learn iai on your own. But any book written on swordmanship by that author will be of the hokushin itto ryu style.

Comment

Working...
        X