Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jonathan D'hose in Tokyo

Hello,

My little brother (18 years old) is actully training with Wataru Suzuki and will be in Chiba University for Naginata training on the 27th of July.

Those of you who were in the world championship in Tokyo (1995) Know him as the young winner of the Belgian Rythmic Naginata.

He is now one of the best fighters of Europe, he get the second place at the last European Championship.

uhh...and what about it?

Comment

Isn't naginata meant to be practiced by woman?

Comment

Originally posted by Alexdude

Isn't naginata meant to be practiced by woman?
        Heh, dude you'd better pray confound doesn't read this and nail you for chauvanism...heh

I think more women practice it but don't doubt the art...especially since they can strike our legs.

P.S. NagiDavid, what is the point then?

Meng

Comment

Oh, no, it's just something sensei told me of late. He said the vast majority of people practicing and teaching it were woman. I'm not putting it down in any way

Comment

Heh, no worries mate..

I've heard that as well. Still its pretty effective weapon in a matchup. It'd be pretty interesting to see a shia where Jodo was against Kendo.

If you've read the book Mushashi by Eiji Yoshikawa, theres a bit where he duals with the jodoist Gennosuke. It was pretty interesting.

I wonder if you could incorporate it today?

Meng

Comment

Guys doing naginata

In Japan the majority practicing are still women, although men have been picking it up in increasing numbers.

Outside Japan, however, men seem to make up a larger proportion.

Nagi David: good to see he's still practicing. '95 was the famous 'pink panther' rhythmic naginata, wasn't it?

Hamish

Comment

Re: Originally posted by Alexdude

Originally posted by KhawMengLee

P.S. NagiDavid, what is the point then?

Meng
                I guess his point was just that he simply wanted to show off about his brothers achievements to us all, ooh i am seething with jealousy...

Comment

The point was only for people who knows him like Alexander Bennett and Hamish and are still in Japan for a training with them.
                  I'm proud of my brother, yes, so what....

Yes Hamish 1995 was the Pink Panther rythmic and as far as I understand, lots of peope in Japan remember our team because of this.

Did you know that Wataru Suzuki is now the manager of the Japanese team and will not compete at the next world championship. It's the end of something...

Comment

Originally posted by Nagi David
                    The point was only for people who knows him like Alexander Bennett and Hamish and are still in Japan for a training with them.
                    I'm proud of my brother, yes, so what....

Yes Hamish 1995 was the Pink Panther rythmic and as far as I understand, lots of peope in Japan remember our team because of this.

Did you know that Wataru Suzuki is now the manager of the Japanese team and will not compete at the next world championship. It's the end of something...
                    i am not really blasting your post, its just that it is quite confusing when you read it from the begining, as you said it was really aimed for Hamish and Bennett, then maybe you should have written this post in a way that eveyone could have understood that it was aimed at them and not everyone else...other than that it just looked like someone just trying to show off about their brothers achievements...anyhoo, now thats cleared i will like to just say well done to your brother...i am sure he will be really something special in the years to come.

p.s. no hard feelings intended.

Comment

no worries

Comment

Working...
                      X