X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD of the 3 World Championship

The DVD(s) has arrived, and John have certainly worked a few hundred hours on it, it contains all the points of the world championship...

message from John : "To INF video group

By now everyone should have received their video (except for two of you--and
    you know who you are). If you have not received it, please let me know.

For those who have received their DVD set and were not able to get it to
    load in their DVD player please let me know that and what manufacturer and
    model of DVD player you are using. Toshiba DVD players in particular tend to
    not want to play this DVD. There are several factors involved in getting a
    DVD to work correctly. The DVD situation is slowly coming toward a
    standard, but basically it makes the BETA vs VHS war look like a school yard
    dispute. The Release A version of the INF video that you received is a +RW
    format. Some players prefer -R or -RW rather than +R or +RW. Some DVD
    brands are also more compatible than other brands. Within a brand their
    factory's quality control is better in some than in others. If your video
    does not play at all, send it back and I will try and get you one that does.

If of course you are able to play it just fine and you are not happy with
    what it looks like, that is another story. I would like to know anything
    you do not like about the format or contents. Release B is currently in
    progress and we need comments from the users--you. BTW if there are things
    you do like, please let us know that also--we might be removing it as
    unwanted.

So please let me know:
    A. you got your INF DVD set,
    B. It worked or not in your DVD player,
    If it did not work, send it back and tell me your DVD player model
    C. It worked but I do not like ____
    and/or liked ___

Thanks and Happy New Year

John Prough
    Nichibukan Naginata"

If you didn't ordered it , it might still be possible at this address : jpro@ny-jss.org

Thank you, John Prough.

Originally posted by Nagi David
    The DVD(s) has arrived, and John have certainly worked a few hundred hours on it, it contains all the points of the world championship...
    [SNIP]
    When Johh Prough and his wife, Sachiko Yamauchi (Kyoshi), were here for the 8th Annual [US] East Coast Naginata Federation Seminar in Glen Burnie, MD, of November of last year, we got to see a rough draft of the videos.

John did a great job, especially considering the jockeying he had to do -- mixing the sound track recorded on one camera with the video of another camera whose sound track was unusuable.

I got my DVDs shortly before New Year's, but I have unfortunately been too busy to find enough time to just sit and watch them.

Without John's efforts, this historic event would not have been documented. Thank you, John.

Best,

Comment

DVDs

Originally posted by R A Sosnowski
      [SNIP]

John did a great job, especially considering the jockeying he had to do -- mixing the sound track recorded on one camera with the video of another camera whose sound track was unusuable.

I got my DVDs shortly before New Year's, but I have unfortunately been too busy to find enough time to just sit and watch them.

Without John's efforts, this historic event would not have been documented. Thank you, John.

Best,
      I finally got a chance to watch the pair of DVDs of the 3WNC yesterday. Everything is there:
      Opening Ceremony
      Opening Speeches
      Opening Entertainment - Aztec Dancers
      Engi
      Rhythm Naginata
      Women's Individuals
      Women's Team
      Men's Individuals
      Men's Team
      Awards & Closing Ceremony
      Information on each match is displayed including Tasuki color (Aka, Shiro), Country with Flag, and Contestant. At the end of the match, this info. appears again with the winner of the match indicated.

Shiai matches generally do not appear in their entirety, but all the highlights are there including all calls made by the Shimpan-in for the record (points, penalties, overtimes, match decisions for individual Shiai). Liberal use of the fade-out and fade-in are used to indicate skipping ahead in time.

It brought back a lot of memories for me as Yobidachi along with Ellory Engalla, but the one thing that really came to mind was that is was bloody hot (unseasonably high temperatures for San Jose) in that SJSU gym that day for all of us.

It was a wonderful event made possible by the combined energies of the participants, officials, volunteers, and SJSU personnel. I am looking forward to 4WNC in Belgium in 2007.

Comment

Working...
      X