X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 8th U.S. taikai in Bryn Mawr PA.

Does anyone know the registration deadline for this tourny? Although it falls on the Obon holiday season, I still don't know if I can take off from work. However I would love to come in for the tourny and seminar if possible. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Not quite yet ...

Originally posted by xvikingx
    Does anyone know the registration deadline for this tourny? Although it falls on the Obon holiday season, I still don't know if I can take off from work. However I would love to come in for the tourny and seminar if possible. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
    The USNF annual Board of Directors' and General Membership Meetings took place over the weekend. As Admin. Sec. of the [US] East Coast Naginata Federation, I am waiting for a full report from our representatives to the USNF Board as this particular item was on the meeting agenda.

I will let you know as soon as I get that information.

In the past, the registration deadline has been one month prior to the event.

HTH.

Comment

Thank you.
      I realise now that I should have just asked you directly, since you are the only other American naginata person on this forum. Whoops.

Comment

I'll try and ask Tanaka Sensei next week about this and get back to you.

Brian

Comment

Let's wait for official word.

Originally posted by GBN
          I'll try and ask Tanaka Sensei next week about this and get back to you.

Brian
          Brian,

Please do not bother Tanaka-s.; I know she is quite busy.

There are other officers in USNF who are responsible for getting this information out to the rest of us; let's let them do their jobs so that we can get a complete (or as complete as possible) package of information out to the forumites.

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by R A Sosnowski
            Brian,

Please do not bother Tanaka-s.; I know she is quite busy.

There are other officers in USNF who are responsible for getting this information out to the rest of us; let's let them do their jobs so that we can get a complete (or as complete as possible) package of information out to the forumites.

Thank you.
            Well, since I have a class with her on Tuesday I figured I'd ask her. But I'll refrain and wait for the official announcement.

Brian

Comment

info next week, ...

Leiv,

I am going to see Malyne Hazard (USNF Exec. Sec.) this weekend at a regional Naginata event in Jersey City, NJ. I should have a number of the particulars for the USNF annual seminar and biennial championship next week. Sit tight.

Comment

Leiv,

I am going to see Malyne Hazard (USNF Exec. Sec.) this weekend at a regional Naginata event in Jersey City, NJ. I should have a number of the particulars for the USNF annual seminar and biennial championship next week. Sit tight.
                Oh yeah, the ECNF tournament and seminar is this weekend. Enjoy and please do tell about the tournament.

Comment

Latest News

Oh yeah, the ECNF tournament and seminar is this weekend. Enjoy and please do tell about the tournament.
                  We had a good time this weekend. I got up with a few aching and stiff body parts - must have been the 4-hour return drive.

Latest info on Bryn Mawr ---

Deadline for the US Championship is ***1 July***. Forms are expected to be up on the USNF website soon.

The tentative schedule is:
                  seminar: 11-13 August
                  Championship: 14 August
                  Shinsa: 15 August

Fees are still TBD as the USNF is in final negotiations with BMC. More definitive info is expected in a week or so.

BTW, this is the 30 anniversary of USNF, so there is a commitee figuring parites and momentos and other special events/activities.

More as I get it,

Comment

Excellent, that should be plenty of time for me to schedule this thing. Thank you for the information!

Comment

is this event open to spectators.... i do not practice but i would love to watch...so i was just wondering....

Comment

Originally posted by Genji
                        is this event open to spectators.... i do not practice but i would love to watch...so i was just wondering....
                        The championships have been open to the public in the past; I do not think that that will change this year. It if does, I will make a note of it when the official info finally arrives.

HTH.

Comment

Originally posted by Genji
                          I'd bet large amounts of money it's open to the public. You might even be able to jump in on a introductory lesson if you ask real nice.

Keep an eye on:

http://www.naginata.org/usnf/calendar.html

for specific dates and such.

Brian

Comment

Update.

Excellent, that should be plenty of time for me to schedule this thing. Thank you for the information!
                            The BMC contract for facilities, room and board was sent to the USNF Board of Directors at the beginning of this week. When that contract is blessed by the Board, they will be able to issue a complete list of costs.

If there is no objection to items in that current contact, then I expect that the USNF will publically announce those costs in the very near future.

Stand by,

Comment

The BMC contract for facilities, room and board was sent to the USNF Board of Directors at the beginning of this week. When that contract is blessed by the Board, they will be able to issue a complete list of costs.

If there is no objection to items in that current contact, then I expect that the USNF will publically announce those costs in the very near future.

Stand by,
                              Raymond,

Thanks again for the information. My wife wasn't kidding when she said airfare during Obon is expensive. I might have to see what BMC thinks about people sleeping in tents on campus grounds.
                              I must get back to the dojo and start training otherwise this will be a waisted trip.

Comment

Working...
                              X